Machine Operative - NIGHTS
- Job Reference: 00033596-1
- Date Posted: 13 January 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Thirsk, Yorkshire
- Salary: £478 to £500 Per Week
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
My Client is well established, industry leading agricultural nutrition company. Based near Thirsk, they have seen year on year success, with further growth plans for 2020/21. They offer a range of products which are supplied across the UK and Europe. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Machine Operative to join their NIGHT SHIFT team on a Temporary to Permanent basis.
As a Machine Operative it opportunity gives you the chance to work with one of the most respected companies in North Yorkshire. They offer not only an excellent package, but more importantly in todays world, job security, having stayed open during Covid-19 and actually seeing their business grow.
The Machine Operative role will be to cover a night shift: 4:00pm – 2:00am
As a Machine Operative, your primary responsibility is to produce animal feed, following strict guidelines to make sure the product is safe.
* Running machinery
* Efficient reporting of any mechanical, feed safety or health and safety issues on site.
* Operate the manufacturing equipment safely and as efficiently as possible.
* Ensure all required records are kept accurate and up to date.
* Assist with equipment maintenance as needed.
* Cleaning on a daily basis.
* Adhere to all health & safety policies.
* To undertake additional training as required.
* Effectively communicate and liaise with managers and co-workers.
* Perform general work around the facility and other duties as assigned.
* Must have experience of working in a manufacturing capacity
* Experience within an agricultural feed mill (Desirable)
* Excellent communication
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to follow a process
* Experience of working with machinery (full training will be given)
* Physically able to lift up to 20kg
* Flexibility with regards to shifts and over-time
What’s on Offer:
* Weekly pay of £478-£500
* A Temporary to Permanent position
* The chance to learn and develop with a well-established team
* Overtime paid!
* On-site parking
***Please note that due to the location of the client’s premises, your own transport is advised