Machine finishing operator x5 - textile fabric roles
Location: Derby City Centre - immediate start dates
Contract - Temporary ongoing
Shifts - Monday To Thursday 7am till 5.15pm
Salary - up to 39 hours £8.72 anything over 39 hours is paid at time and half
We are pleased to be working with a local fabric manufacturing company based in Derby City Centre. Due to the current demand of their business, they are on the search for their next finishing team members to join their team.
Have you worked in a textile role previously, conducting a finishing role? Or have you worked with basic machinery, I.e operating a simple start stop machine? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you.
The Job Role
A lot of the role will be repetitive, and will involve sitting down for a long period of time, at the same machine. see below a breakdown of the roles.
- Operating machinery to apply finishing touches to fabrics such as tape, elastic, labels, ribbon etc
- Working with single pieces of fabric, to manually thread through a machine, then onto a reel.
- To pack, roll and seal the fabrics using simple machinery.
- Not an intense role as the machine is very simple to use with 3 buttons to operate
- Able to work in a fast pace role as this is a fast role when the machine is in process.
Training will be offered for the right candidate, from one of their experienced members, however the client is looking for the following in someone
- Ability to sit in the same position, doing the same job on a repetitive basis
- Great personality
- Quick learner and a want to learn new roles
- Ideally previous experience working with fabric on a large scale
- Have a steady hand, along with concentration and excellent patience skills
- Worked with industrial machinery before.
- Looking for long term work - people who work here tend to go and stay and they have long standing staff members up to 46 years!
- 7am till 5.15pm Monday to Thursday - great for anyone wanting a long weekend.
- Overtime - may include occasional Fridays but only half a day
- Up to 39 hours £8.72
- Anything over 39 hours paid at time and half £13.08 per hour
If you have your own transport and access to your own vehicle great, If not don't worry as there are bus routes that drop you close to the warehouse, with a short walking distance.
**Please note we are asking candidates to apply online in the first instance so you can book your interview slot via Microsoft teams through video**
Once you are fully registered with us, you will then be asked to go and meet the HR Manager, for a tour of the factory and to see the job role, great opportunity to get to know the site, and for the site to get to know you.