|Location||North Shields||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£24000 - £26000 per annum||Sector||HSE|
This position offers an excellent opportunity to work for a leading company and offers a salary c£24-26,000pa plus benefits.
The role will involve providing administrative support to the Loss Prevention, Safety and Quality (LPSQ) department to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and company standards. Assisting with internal and external audits, maintainence of records and production of management information.
Duties will include:
- Assists with the arrangement of audits, in line with legislation and company requirement
- Maintains records of audit results, follow-up requirements to ensure timely close of audit reports.
- Arranging external compliance audits as required
- Assists the LPSQ Department in following-up the prompt and accurate implementation of agreed corrective Actions occurred from audits.
- Prepares, files and/or dispatches all necessary departmental documents, reports and statistics towards the respective recipients
- Supports the LPSQ Department in the preparation and follow-up of office internal audits and audits by external parties
- Distributes updates on legislation, procedural changes and alerts / notifications
- Assists in compiling and analysing data as well as in data entry, record keeping and following up of several key measures concerning LPSQ procedures and activities
- Answers incoming calls and provides information concerning the LPSQ activities.
- Maintains and updates routine reports to company entities and external parties etc.
Candidates should have experience in a similar role, ideally be familiar with the maritime industry/vessel operations and have basic knowledge of the ISM, ISPS, MLC and ISO guidelines and requirements.
Applicants should also have confident communication skills along with excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail.