Logistics Support Administrator
- Job Reference: 00027909-1
- Date Posted: 19 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Gillingham, Dorset
- Salary: £18,000 to £18,400
- Sector: Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Logistics Support Administrator
Your role:we have an exciting opportunity for a talented Logistics Support Administrator to join our team in Gillingham. In this role, you will support all team members, your Team Leader and Supervisor by completing tasks necessary to support the efficient functioning of the Logistics operations, to ensure all deadlines are met and regulatory requirements are adhered to. Duties of the role include preparing shipment and goods receipts imports accurately, efficiently and to meet agreed deadlines for UK and Ireland, establishing good communication channels with freight forwarders and internal customers to ensure progress updates and information on inbound shipments; submitting freight forms to Germany to complete entries into Customs & Excise for imports from the US; shipment preparation, creation and closure exports - accurately entering data into the necessary systems within 24 hours of receipt; precisely and proficiently organising shipment documentation for the appropriate model shipping regulations. This position is site based but there may be occasional travel required to attend training courses or meetings.
Who you are:
* educated to minimum GCSE standard (including passes in Maths and English) or equivalent qualifications.
* working knowledge of certification to the following standards is highly desirable: IATA / ADR/ IMO.
* knowledge of logistics and shipping would be highly desirable (training will be provided), as well experience of working towards productivity targets.
* competent computer skills are essential, particularly in excel and access, as well as RSA stage 2 in word processing being an advantage (this role involves working at a computer for the majority of your working day).
* good oral and written communication skills are key to the success of this role, as well as being strong in organising and prioritising your workload.
Job Requisition ID: (phone number removed)
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone's health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at (phone number removed) from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday