Job type: Contract, at least 6-month contract, likely to extend (ask for more details)
Rate of pay: £10.37 per hour (plus holiday pay)
Hours: 8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday (overtime available)
A Logistics Operator (with a current RTITB Operator License) is required to fulfil supply chain duties at a busy manufacturer in Llanelli. You will work in accordance with the logistics procedures to safely deliver against the shipping plan for the plant.
* Loading of bulk finished product (hazardous and non-hazardous) into road tankers for shipment.
* Unloading of bulk raw materials (hazardous and non-hazardous) from road tankers into site storage facility.
* Unloading of packed raw materials into site storage facility for product blending.
* Loading shipping containers and curtain sided trucks with packed finished products for shipment using counterbalance fork trucks.
* Ensure safety and housekeeping standards are met in area of work.
* Liaise with all other colleagues on site departments to ensure related targets are being met, e.g., (Laboratory/Maintenance).
* Participate and contribute towards safety and other improvement initiatives to meet site goals e.g. report hazards/near misses/incidents, safety suggestions and raise maintenance requests.
Experience or qualifications required:
* All applicants must hold a current RTITB Operator License
* Dangerous Goods Awareness Training (beneficial)
* Previous Warehouse or Stores experience (heavy engineering beneficial)
* Good organisational and communication skills
* An understanding of the importance of personal safety
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
If you have the right background/experience for this role, please send your up to date CV to Totec today or call and speak to a member of our team to find out more