|Location||Daventry, Northamptonshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Up to £20000 per annum||Sector||Driving & Logistics|
* Working within a busy Logistics environment based in Daventry, you will be the lead for the Inbound team.
* You will be required to plan and oversee all aspects of stock in and out of the facility.
* You will be the key contact for the day to day relationship with all carriers.
* Establish excellent working relationships and partnerships, with operational staff, Operations Manager, Operations Process Leads, Account Managers, Customer Services Team and Finance Team.
* Plan and coordinate the booking of all inbound deliveries. This is to include slot allocation. Planning of this activity is crucial to support the daily running of the facility - close liaison is required with Operations Process Leads and Operations Management.
* Manage the ASNs. Follow all client specific 'Booking In' instructions and reporting any variances within SLAs.
* Ensure all inbound quality checks are undertaken.
* Organise the 'offloading' and 'put to stock' activities across the facility
* Ensure control for all incoming stock by use of segregated lanes and areas
* Plan and schedule all FLT drivers' activity throughout the whole facility to enable each fulfilment area to hit its SLA's and KPI's. This will require close interaction with all OPLs and Operations Management.
* Planning the work based on forecasts or previous volumes and known standard times
* Optimising "crewing" within process areas in accordance with Lean Principles (to eradicate waste)
* Organising the area to maximise production space and ease of finding stock (reducing the risk of 'mis-identification')
* Ensuring safe management of yard area, vehicle traffic and materials.
* Ensuring that all stock types (e.g. pending stock, defects, damaged, etc.) have appropriate both physical locations and system locations.
* Giving direction and driving performance with regular follow-up on performance against plan, implementing corrective actions in a timely manner
* Following quality procedures and ensure correct recording
* Reducing hours when there is insufficient volume to maintain productivity
* Controlling overtime and agency hours
Monitoring and Measurement.
* Pro-actively reviewing the "load" versus resourcing in delivering profitable performance during each day, and the overall result the following day
* Pro-actively reviewing the quality of output of each area during the day, and the overall result the following day
* Monitoring area performance against client service level agreements and KPI targets during each day, and the overall result the following day.
* Identifying the root causes of under-performance. Create and agree on actions with to improve / make changes.
* Identifying non-value added activities and their impact on the business; take action to remove them.
* Hold yourself and others accountable for the achievement of all performance targets
* Motivate, coach, and give feedback to the team to achieve the area goals / targets; Give (additional) training where required
* Ensure individuals attain required quality standards and meet specified output target contribution in line with overall team goals
* Resolve conflicts as they arise and handle counter-productive behaviour effectively, and in line with the site policy
* Delegate tasks where appropriate, to enable you to manage your area
* Set clear and unambiguous goals ensuring they are discussed with and understood by associates
* Assess and communicate proactively on all aspects of absence management, timekeeping, delivery of productivity hours vs. LEAN benchmark
For further information, please apply online, or contact Alex Verdon on / 01793 317850
Omega resource group are acting as the employment agent for this position. Please visit our website for more vacancies.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.