Network Service Technician
|Job Title:||Network Service Technician|
|Salary:||£22440 - £30360 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-08-05 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2019 17:12|
This is an exciting and varied customer facing role where day to day you will be resolving customer network challenges with minimal disruption to customer supply.
You will be meeting and helping different people every day, working on a variety of projects ensuring that the best service is given to our customers.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Taking personal ownership of customer queries and responding to and resolving issues at their homes or places of work.
- Working with contractors to do planned and unplanned work and investigating clean water networks to resolve poor performance including high or low pressure, leakage, metering queries and loss of supply.
- You will also help control burst mains ensuring isolation to facilitate planned work, emergency repairs and maintenance.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do so previous customer service experience within a constantly changing environment is essential.
- Excellent customer service experience
- A can do and positive attitude
- Great at completing tasks to the best of your ability
- Working independently where needed
- Excellent time management
- Solutions focussed attitude
- Basic knowledge of domestic plumbing or water mains and leakage would be advantageous but not essential as full training is provided
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary package
- A work van with all tools provided
- An excellent contributory pension
- 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service
- An annual pay review
- Season ticket loans
- Voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets
- Loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more
- Being part of a team that makes a difference every day for our customers
- An extensive training programme
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Network Service Technician
£20400 - £27600 per annum
Network Metering Technician
£24650 - £35000 per annum
£27500 - £32890 per annum
£16.61 - £22 per hour + 10% bonus
£13 - £15 per hour