We currently have an opportunity for a Light Maintenance Technician to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Competent at DIY – Plumbing/ Painting & Decorating
- FLT Certified - Daily FLT Inspections (Safety Checklist) – but not essential but must be willing to complete training, this may take place off site
- IOSH Working Safely or equivalent to allow participation in site Contractor Management/ Inductions / Monitoring (point of work audits)
- A solid understanding of Health & Safety Matters
- Overseeing and supervising with Large Deliveries (Plant) and coordination / communication with building occupants
- Planned & Reactive Building Fabric Repairs excluding Electrical On Site – External Hygiene - Litter Picking, Sweeping Kerbs, Weeding
- SIA Licenced to support security team- but not essential however must be willing to complete training that may take place off site
- Helping with events / meeting room configuration / construct furniture / removal of waste within the premises
- Any other reasonable Tasks / Request
- Liaise with fellow engineers, Management and The Client
- Complete paperwork and ensure records are kept up to date for work completed
- Use of Global Maximo to log maintenance tasks
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Operations Manager, Group Security Manager and/or Honda management team
- Must have experience carrying out fabric maintenance within commercial properties
- Suitable qualifications – electrical / painting and decorating / plumbing / carpentry or relevant experience
- MUST be focused on Health and Safety and assist with promoting a safety culture of zero harm mind-set
- IOSHH Working or Managing Safely / CSCS card beneficial
- Must have a can do attitude and be a self-starter
- Must be customer facing with good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be IT literate to a good standard using Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing to an excellent standard
- IT literate
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling good relations with customers, Clients and colleagues
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to organise oneself and prioritise tasks and work alone
- Ability to attend training courses some of which may be off site
- Has the ability to take pride in tasks undertaken
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.