Lifting Specialist/Heavy Gang
|Job Title:||Lifting Specialist/Heavy Gang|
|Salary:||£13.85 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Ross White|
|Job Published:||December 04, 2018 11:56|
Below is a list of roles the job will entail:
• Physical logistics role under the Supply Chain Logistics Umbrella.
• Must be able to work well as part of a multifunctional team within tight deadlines and under high pressure.
• Management of own Risk Assessments, Lift Plans and SSOW.
• Managing lifting and personal safety equipment. Ensuring this is all within date and responsible for managing the quarantine area.
• Responsible for loading and installing front spar to jig. Use Engineering drawings to ensure Spar is measured in correct location for use with SLB.
• Operation of rear steer on the Stade cover delivery lorry.
• Unloading 10 tonne trailer from Stade delivery lorry and lifting into position.
• Unloading covers from Stade delivery box ensuring correct lifting lug is used to weight tolerance. Lifting in position, craning to MAJ and installing to MasterStraps.
• Decant and load Ribs to Rib Cell. Install drill blocks and strong backs. Use the Dalmec arm to lift Ribs into Flight Bars.
• Lift Flight Bars with Loaded Ribs into position in MAJ.
• Install Rear Spar. Ensuring Spar is within correct location in relation to ribs.
• Independently within the team remove wing from MAJ to PE1 this task consists of:
- Using extensive knowledge of MAJ to unattach the wing. Use load cells to ensure wing is unattached at correct sequence.
- Use Load Cells and laser alignment guide to ensure correct wing pick up and correct CoG location.
- Install technical tooling to Pylons as an alignment guide.
- Release end gates before removal of wing from MAJ..
• Experience with using Douglas Tug essential.
• Highly trained banksmen for large wing movements.
• Extensive knowledge of RTJ and various tooling settings when installing the wing, flaps and FLE’s.
• Install FLE drill jigs.
• Flexibility essential- support Ops with the installation of FLE’s, Spoilers, Ailerons, IFS and ADHOC lifts when required.
• FAL support- Knowledge of Tooling and SCL processes required within the FAL.
• MEWP experience essential.
• Carry out CoG checks for wing Beluga loading.
• Physically fit- manually lifting heavy cumbersome loads- lifting equipment for loading the RTJ.
• Cover wing for delivery to St Nazaire.
• Ability to climb Goliath to retrieve vacuum lifting equipment.
• Current crane experience.
• Banksmen experience,
• Ability to work at height
The business are looking for a Highly skilled lifting specialist, responsible for all wing movements. Working within tight tolerances and areas where operatives are working. Extensive knowledge of SAP within a Production Environment. Ability to work to process is paramount. Adhering to Airbus SSOW, Health and Safety Legislation and LOLER and PUWER regulations. Must be comfortable working at height. Flexibility is paramount- must be able to support the wing build at late notice.
You would be expected to work a 4 day week - Monday to Thursday, 06.30 to 15.45
The hourly rate is £13.85 PAYE
If the role interests you don't hesitate to apply within.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's