Legacy and Experience Officer
- Job Reference: 00028280-1
- Date Posted: 21 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
- Salary: £23,791 to £27,538
- Sector: Administration, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
About the role
We are looking for a Legacy and Experience Officer to join our newly formed Digital and Supporter Experience unit. The role will be responsible for the design and delivery of a fantastic stewardship programme for high-level supporters. We would like our supporters to have a consistently great experience, whatever channel they chose to contact us through.
Day to day you will be helping supporters connecting with us online and offline to find answers to their questions, provide support for their own fundraising events and share our appreciation for their support. You will provide vital support, through accurate and efficient administration, to process legacy gifts.
With a strong administrative background, you will bring excellent communication and customer service skills. You will work well with a mixed groups of people, and be able to identify priorities and assess opportunities. You will strive to find improvements and efficiencies at all times, keeping our supporters at the heart of everything you do.
Educated to A-Level, or an equivalent. You will have a willingness to learn, with potential to take a qualification in legacy management.
Why join us?
The opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues, work life balance and flexible working – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work.
Our brand new open plan offices are located in the centre of Rugby and near to Rugby train station but we also offer free parking.
In addition, we offer the following benefits:
* Full time roles are contracted at 35 hours per week.
* Most staff in the UK are currently working from home due to coronavirus and we expect to it be this way for some time. It is however our practice normally that we operate an agile flexible working policy, where flexible working hours are enabled as well as remote working (between 2-3 days per week depending on the role).
* 26 days holiday rising with continuous service, in addition to public holidays.
* Pension scheme - employer contributes 10.5% of salary and the employee contributes 5%.
* Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave.
* Life assurance (3 x annual salary).
* Bike to Work scheme.
We are an international development organisation putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
We help people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. Challenges made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. We work with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy. And we share what works with others, so answers that start small can grow big.
We’re a global change-making group. The group consists of a UK registered charity with community projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, an independent development publishing company and a technical consulting service. We combine these specialisms to multiply our impact and help shape a world that works better for everyone.
* Please note that should we recruit a suitable candidate before the closing date, we will close applications earlier than the specified date.
* We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
* Practical Action is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal checks and terrorist financing.
* The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 12th November