Lecturer in Computing
- Job Reference: 00028380-1
- Date Posted: 21 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- Salary: £22,248 to £33,214
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Gloucestershire College has an exciting opening for an experienced Lecturer in Computing to join our growing Computing department based mainly at our Gloucester and Cinderford Campuses.
Are you passionate about computing and learning? Then this is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving team and inspire the next generation of computing professionals. As well as playing an essential role in building the computing careers of our students, you can improve your own knowledge through our wide range of learning and development opportunities.
COVID-19: Please note that due to the coronavirus pandemic interviews for this role may take place online where a face-to-face interview is not possible. More information on this process will be provided at interview stage, or you can contact the HR team if you have any queries.
Please review the Job Description to find out more about this role and apply online to join our team.
As a Lecturer in Computing, you will:
* Provide learning and assessment activities, which meet curriculum requirements and the aims and needs of all the learners
* Devise, select, use and appraise assessment tools, including where appropriate, those which use new and emerging technologies
* Encourage learners to recognise and reflect on ways in which learning can empower them as individuals and make a difference in their communities
* Refer learners to information on potential current and future learning and career opportunities and appropriate specialist support services
Skills and Experience:
* Experience of teaching BTEC relevant subject at different levels
* Knowledge of own specialist area is current and appropriate to the teaching context
* The ability to deliver content remotely and online if required
* A drive to motivate and inspire young people
A career with us means much more than just a salary - we know that our people are our greatest asset. Working with committed colleagues, we also offer an attractive benefits package. Please click on the benefits link to find out more about the range offered.
Please note that when applicable redeployees will be given priority consideration for all roles.
We reserve the right to close this advert before the stated closing date should we receive a sufficient number of applications. Therefore, we would recommend an early application