Lecture in Health and Social Care
- Job Reference: 00068328-1
- Date Posted: 5 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £38,000
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Permanent
We deliver Undergraduate, Postgraduate and HNC/HND qualifications in Business Management, Hospitality and Healthcare in partnership with our partner-universities in London, Birmingham and Manchester. Our learners are highly diverse, typically from widening participation audiences.
We are currently seeking a Lecturer to teach both our HND/HNC and BSc (Hons) Health & Social Care courses. This is a great opportunity for both academics and health and social care practiitioners who would like to pursue a career in higher education. Applications from experienced professionals in allied professions such as Occupational Therapy, Nutrition, Basic Science, Nursing, Physiotherapy and Social Work are encouraged to apply as well as academics with a good knowledge of social care, health policy and legislation.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* All aspects of planning, delivering and assessing student work, ensuring that all learning outcomes are met.
* Develop, update and improve course materials to reflect developments in the field (e.g. the psychological impact of COVID-19 upon vulnerable members of the population and health and social care procedures and practice).
* Working with an established and supportive team to deliver the curriculum using a variety of techniques including simulation, asynchronous learning across a widening participation student group, including online and classroom based teaching.
* Attend School meetings as required, in order to contribute to the decision-making process and to develop productive working relationships within the team.
* To actively be involved in staff development activities and peer observations
* Master's degree and/or a PhD in the relevant area
* Experience working in the industry of your subject
* Previous lecturing experience for similar courses
* Experience supervising student work and providing support and feedback
* Teaching qualifications or membership of the HEA