|Salary||£18 - £20 per hour||Sector||Miscellaneous|
This is a temporary role to start ASAP and will pay £20.00 per hour.
The Leasehold Income Manager will lead a team of 3 staff, manage the associated budgets, be primarily responsible for maximising collection and recovery of freehold and leasehold service charge arrears owed. The service charges include costs relating to day to day service delivery, heating and major works charges.
The ideal Leasehold Income Team Manager will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- A track record of achievement within debt collection in a generic or specialist housing environment and in a management position
- A detailed knowledge of the pertinent Landlord and Tenant Acts, Housing Acts and how they relate to public sector leasehold management and service charges
- A good knowledge of residential leases and freehold transfers
- Knowledge and experience of recovery of arrears through service charges and leaseholder debt and an understanding of credit control are essential
- A good knowledge of accountancy principles in relation to a leasehold portfolio and with reference to service charge loans and service charge reductions
- Proven success in developing effective working relationships and communicating and influencing others.
- A successful record of managing a team to drive effective performance and service.
- Evidence of commercial awareness required to maximise collection
- Evidence of successfully forming productive and collaborative relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- A successful track record of managing change and continuous improvement to improve organisational performance, reduce costs and deliver increasing customer satisfaction.
- Experience of writing and presenting reports and dealing effectively with complex correspondence.
- Experience of dealing with complaints, resolving them satisfactorily and ensuring that any lessons that can be learned are absorbed and lead to improved services and performance in the future.
- A housing qualification would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Experience of using a wide range of computer packages; a proven understanding of financial accounting systems used for debt collection Part Two Skills and abilities