Learning Support Assistant
- Job Reference: 00006240-1
- Date Posted: 7 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
- Salary: £60.00 to £70.00 Per Day
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
ABC Teachers is seeking Learning Support Assistants with experience working with children with Special Education Needs to join our team from September 2020. As an ABC Teachers Learning Support Assistant, you will be working in schools in Leicester and surrounding areas on a flexible basis.
The role of a SEN Learning Support Assistant involves working with children with a variety of Special Education Needs, Such as Autism, ASD, Speech Language and Communication needs, Profound and Multiple learning difficulties and challenging behaviour. This role requires committed, enthusiastic and resilient Teaching Assistants with great communication skills. You will work as part of a dedicated and committed team that have a child-centred approach in all they do. This can work around your personal circumstances, for example alongside your studies, another job or on a full-time basis.
All of the schools that ABC Teachers work with are dedicated to offering the best possible learning experience tailored to each students individual needs. They are easily accessible by car and public transport in Leicester and the surrounding areas.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
· Have a minimum of 20 days experience in one relevant setting i.e. school, youth centre, residential setting, respite centre
· Be able to obtain a reference to cover experience in a relevant setting as above
· Be able to build a strong rapport with children and have experience working with additional needs and sometimes behaviours that challenge
· An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply for one
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We work with schools across The Midlands and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
· Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
· Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
· Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
· FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
· Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
· Access to a dedicated consultant who knows the schools in your area well and will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact Charnice on (phone number removed).
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call