|Salary||Competitive Salary & Bonus||Sector||Education & Training|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced L&D Manager to oversee the provision and delivery of all L&D activity for Sodexo employees on site, in line with internal policy and client agreements.
As L&D Manager, you'll promote a learning culture within the Sodexo workforce by increasing the level of relevant skills and knowledge through the provision of a range of L&D activities to support the learning of our colleagues. You'll drive L&D activities throughout the sites, supporting the service managers and senior management in the development of their direct reports.
This role will be predominantly based at St Mary's Hospital, part of the Imperial contract, with occasional travel to surrounding sites.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week Monday – Friday, flexibility is a must.
Global grade I1 - access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts, flexible benefit fund, bonus and pension schemeMain responsibilities
- Ensure that all Sodexo personnel on site receive the required learning and development
- Ensure that all learning delivery meets the standards and content set out by Sodexo policy and the project agreement
- Maintain accurate records of all learning and development activity undertaken on site and report on this following timescales and formats
- Consult with and support service managers and senior management to provide solutions to identified learning and development needs
- Build and maintain professional relationships with site team, segment L&D team, central L&D team and support hub contacts
- Produce and maintain a local Training Needs Analysis, ensuring that this is updated throughout the annual PDR cycle
- Actively liaise with Trust, Clients, Site personnel and senior management to manage the provision of a value-add Learning and development service
- Maintain contract compliance to client specification and working within the boundaries of the client contract
- Maintain professional relationships with allocated hub sites across Healthcare segments in an advisory capacity
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Hold a certificate in training, learning and development or equivalent
- Previous experience of providing a training and/or learning and development service
- Ability to communicate effectively to other people across all levels and organisations
- Experience of managing a learning provision
- Proven experience influencing performance skills (at peer level)
- Ability to operate with multiple reporting lines
- Accredited qualification in training and/or learning and development
- Experience of developing a training function
- Previous background including coaching and facilitation
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.