Purpose: To provide the support required to meet the business need for results in both production and planned and breakdown maintenance, ranging from hands-on work to operation of production equipment and administration through computerised systems.
- Required to work at Kennington Distillery on a weekday/weekend cover pattern.May on occasion be required to travel to Plymouth to support operations and to travel to other sites for training purposes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead engineering compliance in Kennington.
- Perform all operational tasks required to produce and despatch high quality final product from raw materials to meet business requirement.
- Operation of stills and process equipment throughout all stages of the distillation process
- Evaluate GNS and gin distillate quality.
- Transfer gin distillate to Spirit Receive Vats and carry out and record accurate spirit account
- Prepare Gin and despatch by road tanker (compounding as required, sampling & tanker loading)
- Receipt and store raw materials (Botanicals and GNS)
- Liaise with Chivas and Third Party planning departments for timely deliveries of GNS and Gin, as required.
- Source and spot purchase transport for the collection and delivery of palletised goods as required.
- Operate boiler plant.
- Carry out mandatory compliance checks and maintain records.
- Complete production and maintenance documentation accurately.
- Operate company software systems, principally Spirit1, E1 & EAM.
- Perform fault finding analysis, fault rectification and testing to optimise plant performance.
- Appoint & monitor contractors to provide maintenance resource as required, in accordance with Company procedures.
- To manage other site techs and contractors in the absence of the Gin Operations Manager
- Carry out routine servicing, fault finding, repair, monitoring and testing of mechanical and electrical equipment across Distillery site.
- Carry out general site mechanical and electrical maintenance as required.
- Take instruction from and input records to computerised asset management system, prioritising, scheduling and implementing work in accordance with the schedule.
- Liaise with external suppliers and contractors.
- Carry out mandatory compliance checks and maintenance, keeping appropriate records
- Communicate pro-actively with line management to plan and co-ordinate maintenance and repair activities.
- Carry out general and mechanical maintenance tasks on all aspects of distillery site, including Visitors Centre, in accordance with Company procedures.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Recognised Trade Qualifications (Electrical and instrumentation, 18th Edition)
- Must be able to drive.
- Multi-skilling qualifications.
- Familiar with PC’s and Windows driven software.
- Knowledge of Relevant Health & Safety legislation.
Key Skills & Experience Desirable:
- COMPEX 01-04 and 05-06 qualification for working in hazardous areas
- Demonstrate capability to develop new skills in operating Personal Computer and PLC based systems to control, monitor, maintain, communicate and report on production operations to the required standard.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with others utilising various media
- Demonstrate ability to develop new skills and train others
- Understand and contribute to continuous improvement
- Understand and influence effective energy utilisation and costs
- Understand and reduce environmental impacts and carry out recycling of materials where appropriate