Lead Scientist - COVID Testing
- Job Reference: 00026866-1
- Date Posted: 11 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Twickenham, London
- Salary: £40,000 to £50,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Fantastic Senior opportunity for a Lead Scientist to join the COVID Testing site of an established CRO in West London!
* Technical & scientific oversight of all aspects of COVID Testing onsite including the management, validation, and implementation of new and revised laboratory protocols/ processes
* Reviewal and approval of data ensuring a high standard is kept throughout
* Ensure resolution of all scientific issues that arise in the laboratory and support a culture of continuous improvement through innovation
* Provide technical training and support to scientists of varying seniority ensuring compliance with UKAS regulations for both documentation and equipment.
* BSc, MSc or PhD in Molecular Biology (or similar field) + extensive industry experience
* Strong understanding of molecular technologies e.g. PCR seen as essential
* HCPC registration as a Biomedical or Clinical Scientist
* Experience working in laboratory operations of a high throughput/ UKAS accredited laboratory is highly advantageous
* High attention to detail, excellent communication skills, flexibility, and ability to train staff of all levels are all essential attributes
Apply now to VRS to be considered for this vital & career defining opportunity!
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance will be required for this role therefore you will have had to live in the UK for the last three years.
Please note: this role is a full-time position initially offered on a 9/ 12-month contract.
Key Words: COVID-19, PCR, DNA, RNA, Polymerase Chain Reaction, CRO, Contract Testing, Lead Scientist, Lab Manager, Operational, Operations, Biomedical Scientist, Clinical Scientist Pathology, Infection, Health & Safety, H&S, UKAS, High Throughput, NHS, National Health Service, Continuous Improvement, Training, Implementation, South West London, Twickenham, Richmond, Kingston, Middlesex, COVID, PCR, qPCR, RNA, scientist, VRS6789EB
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website