|Job Title:||Lead Scheduler|
|Salary:||£23800 - £28000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2019 17:10|
As the Lead Scheduler you will promote best practice within the scheduling team and use your technical experience to drive continuous improvement in the use of Click schedule software. As the Lead Scheduler, you will be responsible for driving process and change management and introduce best practice. You will support new starters and ensure they have complete understanding of the process and software to be fully competent in their role.
You will be part of a team of schedulers delivering a schedule of work to the largest wastewater company in the UK. This is your opportunity to be a key member of a large team and make positive changes to the way the team works. This is a role where you can make a difference and bring your ideas to life. Working in a fast paced environment, where no two days are the same, you will utilise your strengths to coach and mentor the team to best practice.
- Act as a point of contact and escalation for the Wastewater Treatment Scheduling team
- Ensuring every Technician has adequate work scheduled for the following day
- Provide cover/support all areas of Wastewater Treatment Scheduling should we have limited team availability
- Carrying out regular reviews of how each area is performing and creating action plans as needed.
- Building a strong rapport and networking with planners, field managers and technicians.
- Supporting the scheduling teams with continuous improvement activities.
- Carrying out process coaching and inducting of new starters.
- Identifying process improvements and liaising with the Continuous Improvement team to progress as required.
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced and changing environment? Do you have experience in coaching and mentoring individuals? Do you work well under pressure? Are you looking for a role where you can make a positive difference? If so, this may be the role for you….. Skills we are looking for include:
- A high level of organisational skills.
- Able to make effective decisions while balancing multiple tasks.
- The ability to communicate requirements and policy at all levels and to understand and manage the impact of process compliance.
- Fully competent at using the appropriate company IT systems and office software as well as open to learning new systems.
- You will be focussed, methodical and have an excellent understanding of key procedures.
- You will have experience of driving and delivering continuous improvement within a fast paced environment.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a generous holiday allowance (which increases to 30 days with length of service), and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times. We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£27000 - £30000 per annum
Purchase Ledger Team Leader
£20000 - £22889 per annum
Customer Experience Data Admnistrator
£20000 - £25000 per annum
Finance Business Partner
£28000 - £35000 per annum
Accounts Payable Supervisor
£30000 - £35000 per annum