|Salary||£23800 - £24353 per annum||Sector||Call Centre & Customer Service|
Do you want to be a part of a company that provides an essential service to our 15 million customers? Do you pride yourself in being able to make a real difference to deliver excellent customer service? This is an excellent opportunity to work for the UK’s largest water and sewerage company, Thames Water.
In this role, you will be responsible for the scheduling and despatch of work to Thames Water Network Service Technicians working on the water network, being the escalation point for the priority desk.
As a Lead Despatcher, you will support the despatchers in their role acting as a mentor and ‘go to’ member of the team. Using your detailed knowledge of the team's systems and processes, you will support in driving performance and provide a high level of service to customers and field teams. You will be required to perform the role in specific areas when work or resource levels demands.
This role requires a high level of co-ordination skills, managing multiple tasks and systems at one time. Your day to day duties will include:
- Manage incoming calls and provide excellent service to the field teams.
- Coordinate efficiently with various delivery teams by providing assistance or requesting resources, in order to eliminate aborts, reduce wait time and delays.
- Maximise productivity and minimise white space by proactively adding jobs from the backlog, and maximising scheduling capabilities.
- Ability to support with the workload for the field teams and ensure the productivity and escalation of blockers.
- Validate jobs within the agreed target times and identify duplicates, linking up customers when required.
- Identify opportunities and strategies to improve business efficiency and communicate these initiatives to a manager.
- Identify process and system improvements, creating and pursuing change requests/enhancements/configurations where opportunities exist.
- Act as the first point of escalation for the contact centre and within the team; promote an excellent standard of customer service at all times.
- Support issue resolution with Despatch Team Managers and Field Managers.
- Act as a Team Manager when management resource is unavailable.
- Proactively monitoring leakage levels ensuring effective engagement with the field.
- Drive customer performance by working with despatchers to proactively identify potential risks in fails and coordinate resources accordingly.
- Outstanding customer service and the ability to be flexible and positive to ever changing customer and business needs.
- Strong and clear communication and co-ordination skills as well as the ability to work well independently are essential to this role.
- Creative in your approach and possess the ability to identify trends and implement improvement.
- Self-motivated, resilient and outgoing in order to succeed.
- Leadership skills are essential.
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert and provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
- You ideally will have worked in a role with multiple conflicting priorities, and will possess the ability to remain clam under pressure.
- Click Schedule, SAP or GIS experience is required.
- You will be IT literate and have an understanding of internal systems and processes.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly motivated and fast-paced team within Thames Water to provide a first class service to our customers, provide guidance and leadership to field members, promoting customer excellence as well as working alongside a variety of different internal stakeholders. You will be working in one of the very few roles in the business where you have a real opportunity to influence the outcome of our customer’s journey and take ownership of customer experience.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a minimum of 24 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 30 days depending on grade and length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.