|Job Title:||LDD Tutor|
|Salary:||£24,119.74 - £31,600.00 + London weighting (£287.75 recurring monthly)|
|Start Date:||2019-09-13 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||September 13, 2019 14:42|
HMP/YOI Bronzefield are currently recruiting a LDD Tutor to support learners with complex needs who need additional support, or require an advanced programme of learning in order to achieve their full educational potential. You will support the Education Manager and the Head of Learning & Skills to take the Education Department forward in improving the quality of provision for students with LDD whilst ensuring the service delivery targets are met each year and the focus of the department is to provide education opportunities that will enable the prisoners to gain skills and competences that will assist them to return into the community without re-offending. You will be expected to liaise with other departments to ensure all learners with SEN needs are supported to develop self-confidence, independence and abilities and to support the learners identified as having SEN and develop the SEN provision within the PrisonPackage description
£24,119.74- £31,600 + London weighting (£287.75 recurring monthly)
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday.
- Working with individuals who may have physical disabilities, sensory impairments (ie visual or hearing), speech and language difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, conditions such as autism, social, emotional and mental needs or have a combination of these difficulties
- Ensure that all learners, including those with special or additional are able to access education and the whole curriculum
- Have a strategic overview of SEN and inclusion throughout the prison including planning, policy writing, advising and supporting other staff. This will also include the writing of provision maps for individuals/groups of learners
- Identify all learners individual needs with SEN and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment
- Initiate and carry out assessments and prepare and manage the assessment paperwork
- Raise standards of student attainment and achievement for SEN learners within the prison
- Ensure the quality assurance procedures are adhered to and use to achieve high standards
- Assist in the development of behaviour policies and procedures to meet the needs of all learners
- Full teaching qualification (Minimum of CTLLS) or PGCE
- A minimum of two years of qualified teaching experience
- A good understanding of the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) code of practice
- Recognised Level 3 qualification or above in an identified subject and professional experience focusing on a particular learning difficulty, such as dyslexia or autism
- To have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- To have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication
- The ability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour
- Patience, understanding and empathy with learners
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic outlook
- Experience of working in a custodial environment
- Assessor or IV qualification is desirable. Must have a willingness to work towards these qualifications
- Experience in a prison environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's