|Job Title:||LCV Chargehand|
|Contact Name:||Kara Fraser|
|Job Published:||December 24, 2018 10:56|
The main responsibilities in this role will be to provide support to the technicians in the workshop and manage workload both efficiently and cost effectively. You'll also be required to carry out repairs to the LCV fleet ensuring that the equipment is maintained to a first class standard and in line with company policy.
Essential Skills include
* Mechanical Qualification within Light Commercial vehicles or equivalent
* Demonstrate good management & leadership skills
* Hold a valid UK Driving license
* Have a good understanding of transport & HSE legislation.
* A good standard of both written and spoken English.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to work well as part of a team and also under your own initiative when required.
* Be a well organised individual with excellent time management.
* Demonstrate a desire for self-improvement and enthusiasm to learn new skills including attending training courses both in house and external
* To stand in for Workshop Foreman when he is not available
* To carry out quality checks of the technicians work to enable good standard repairs are maintained at all times
* To assist with Training and development of the apprentice's including checking and sign off their work
* To assist technicians with problem repairs and provide technical advice where necessary
* Carry out vehicle inspections and repairs to Manufactures standards and in line with Company procedures
* Perform preventative and proactive maintenance in line with manufacturers and company policy ensuring equipment is compliant with all aspects of safety and legal legislation in a cost effective manner.
* Demonstrate good diagnosis skills
* Produce good productivity levels in line with Autodata/Manufacture repair times
* Comply with Depot specific health and safety rules and regulations and ensure the correct PPE is worn/used throughout and report any failings through the reporting procedure
* Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly, legible and handed in on time.
* Highlight any shortfalls or issues relating to safety or maintenance immediately to the appropriate manager.
* Maintain a clean and tidy work area and ensure all tooling and specialist equipment is checked, tested and compliant in line with company policy.
* Maintain sufficient security measures to prevent theft of company/personal property during and after normal working hours.
For further details, please contact Kara Fraser at: - 01453 852 554.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Omega Resource Group Ltd provides the very best opportunities for our candidates. We recruit for a variety of different roles, in a multitude of industry sectors. For more information on latest vacancies, please visit our website: www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega resource group are acting as an employment agency in relation to this position
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's