Lawyer - Contract, Procurement and Information
|Job Title:||Lawyer - Contract, Procurement and Information|
|Salary:||£19.96 - £27.77 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-07-02 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Margo Priego-Guzman|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2019 12:00|
Location: Harrow, HA1 2XY
Employer: Pertemps Recruitment for Harrow Council
Contract Type: Temp / Full time
A fantastic opportunity within Harrow Council for an experienced and self-motivated Lawyer to join our Contract, Procurement and Information team on temporary basis.
In return we pay a competitive rate which is negotiable, other benefits include excellent training and support for career development and 21 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Your hours are work will be Mon - Thurs - 8:45am - 5:00pm Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Specialist knowledge and understanding of English law, practice and procedure in Contract, Procurement and Information.
- Must be a qualified solicitor, barrister, fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives or appropriately qualified overseas lawyer.
- Meet Lexcel standards in file management
Applicants must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check or equivalent.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the development of HB Public Law with Team Leaders and Service Managers.
- To advise and have conduct of legal files on behalf of the Councils and to provide advice, representation and undertake research as requested in relation to property matters.
- To attend at meetings which may take place outside of normal office hours and off site as required.
- To advise members at committees in a proactive and politically sensitive manner; and to supervise temporarily assigned staff as and when needed.
- Conduct all aspects of legal work, including inquiry, court and tribunal work, relating to planning & regeneration and other related local authority functions
- Conduct a caseload of more complex planning & regeneration matters for multiple local authority clients and for any other clients for whom the practice works
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£22.71 per hour
Contracts & Procurement Manager
£500 - £600 per day
Commissioning and Logistics Project Mgr
£400 - £440 per day
Logistics and Commisioning Technical Expert
£400 per day
Head of Partnering and Engagement (Asia Pacific)