- Job Reference: 00045735-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Ditchingham, Norfolk
- Salary: £9.18 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Laundry Assistant - Part time - 20 hours per week - 9-2pm over 7 days
To work as a member of our Multidisciplinary Care Team in maintaining high standards of resident care. The Laundry Assistant will be expected to provide a high standard of service in accordance with Environment Health requirements and will report to the Support Services Lead.
· To take direction and daily jobs tasks from the Support Services Manager.
· To meet resident’s personal laundry needs, including hand washing, ironing, attaching name labels and carrying out repairs where necessary.
· When appropriate, to launder soft furnishings and other on site laundry.
· Where necessary, to sort and sluice soiled linen.
· Ensure that the laundry equipment is clean and is in a safe working order.
· Ensure that the laundry area is in a safe condition and notify the Unit Manager of any safety hazards or defect equipment.
· Perform general cleaning duties.
· Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
· Ensure the fabric and integrity of the building is kept to a high standard.
· Maintain a safe environment in accordance with all Health and Safety and unit Policies and Procedures.
· Be prepared to carry out additional cleaning requirements if a need is highlighted.
· Respond appropriately to action plans from environmental audits.
· Monitor usage and storage of all stock and adhere to all COSHH guidelines.
· When required, adhere to infection control guidelines.
· Adhere to Manual Handling, Risk Assessment and Fire Safety procedures.
· Faulty equipment to be reported to qualified staff.
· Participate as a team member.
· Communicate with team any problems or difficulties.
· Maintain resident confidentiality/data protection.
· Adhere to all unit Policies and Procedures and maintain up-to-date knowledge.
· Maintain up-to-date Mandatory Training.
· Monitor pest control and report any problems.
· Report any untoward incidents to the Nurse in Charge.
· Responsible for the security of any keys, alarms and communication equipment.
· To monitor your own educational needs and to ensure you meet the requirements of your job.
· Be prepared to undertake training for the benefit of The Oakleaf Goup.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Upholding the values of the organisation: PERSON-CENTRED FRIENDLY INNOVATIVE POSITIVE EMPOWERING.
Caretech offer - Stakeholder Pension Scheme, employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday and Share Save
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
You may be aware of new regulations, which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021