LAC Teaching Assistant
- Job Reference: 00040233-1
- Date Posted: 23 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Stretford, Manchester
- Salary: £9.77 to £10.70 Per Hour
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a LAC Teaching Assistant (TA) to join our successful supply team and work in local schools in Trafford supporting Looked After Children (LAC).
Working as part of a dynamic and creative SEND team, the successful LAC Teaching Assistant will focus on delivering 1:1 support to a designated Looked After Child (LAC) within the classroom and in 1:1 sessions for the duration of the position, whilst also providing general classroom support if required.
The roles are based across mainstream primary and secondary schools who are looking for a committed and successful LAC Teaching Assistant to join their motivated team. The Designated Teachers for LAC in the schools are highly supportive, and parental/carer involvement is very positive. Within the role of LAC Teaching Assistant, you would liaise with the school regarding the student’s progress and consider intervention sessions outside the classroom. Sessions would also link directly with the classroom teacher.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant - LAC position, you will:
• Be able to work on a flexible basis with pupils within small groups or on a one to one basis to build positive, professional relationships and help children overcome barriers to learning.
• Have experience dealing with challenging and oppositional behaviour whether this be in an educational, residential or youth setting,
• Have knowledge of working with Education, Health & Care Plans (EHCPs) to help you in your work to steer pupils on the right path.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant (TA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Manchester SEND team on
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.