Laboratory Staff - *COVID-19 Testing
- Job Reference: 00013211-1
- Date Posted: 15 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Simpson, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: £12.82 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
LARGE NUMBER OF LABORATORY STAFF REQUIRED FOR MINIMUM 6 MONTHS **
To increase testing for COVID-19, the Government has significantly expanded its laboratory capacity and staffing. As the testing programme ramps up further, we require additional experienced laboratory staff.
*This position will be an ongoing temporary contract*
We are particularly interested in individuals who are comfortable working in a qPCR environment, and those who can operate liquid handling machines, although more generalist laboratory support is also required.
Working Hours: Rotational Shift DAYS 8am-8pm & NIGHTS 8pm-8am, 3 days on 2 days off, 2 days on 3 days off (working a 7 day fortnight)
Pay Rate: £12.82 per hour / equivalent to £27,988 salary
* Managing of samples from receipt through to sample processing and storage in line with laboratory processes.
* Cleaning the laboratory
* Report equipment/process issues in accordance with relevant SOPs
* Working in accordance to laboratory SOPs and quality standards.
We are ideally looking for candidates with the below experience:
* Experience of sample processing
* Experience of operating liquid handling systems
* Awareness of the Human Tissue Act (HTA).
* Experience of working in an ISO9001 (or equivalent) environment
* Experience performing biological assays in a scientific research or diagnostic laboratory
* Experience of working within a high throughput sample processing environment
* Experience of working in a laboratory flexibly across multiple projects/assays
* Sound knowledge of molecular biology
* Experience gained in a qPCR environment
* Nucleic acid extraction experience
Experience of working within a Laboratory is ESSENTIAL, if so please apply and we will be in touch! We look forward to hearing from you