Laboratory Assistants & Technicians - COVID 19 TESTING
- Job Reference: 00018612-1
- Date Posted: 7 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Simpson, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: £26,832
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
We are currently working in partnership with the UK Biocentre in Milton Keynes, and due to an increase in testing for COVID-19, we require addidional Laboratory staff! *IMMEDIATE STARTS AVAILABLE*
This is a really exciting opportunity to assist with the COVID-19 pandemic - DEGREE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE ACCEPTED
Current contract length for this position is 6 months, however could be extended
Working Hours: Rotational Shift DAYS 8am-8pm & NIGHTS 8pm-8am, 3 days on 2 days off, 2 days on 3 days off (working a 7 day fortnight)
Pay Rate: £12.82 per hour / equivalent to £26,832 salary
* Managing of samples from receipt through to sample processing and storage in line with laboratory processes.
* Cleaning the laboratory
* Report equipment/process issues in accordance with relevant SOPs
* Working in accordance to laboratory SOPs and quality standards.
We are ideally looking for candidates with the below experience:
* Experience of sample processing
* Experience of operating liquid handling systems
* Awareness of the Human Tissue Act (HTA).
* Experience of working in an ISO9001 (or equivalent) environment
* Experience performing biological assays in a scientific research or diagnostic laboratory
For further details and to apply please submit your CV NOW and we will be in touch