|Job Title:||Laboratory Assistant|
|Salary:||£20000 - £22000|
|Start Date:||2019-04-15 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Magita Lauder|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2019 11:11|
Sodexo are currently recruiting for a number of brand new opportunities due to growth in our Corporate Services segment. Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the center of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
Sodexo are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Assistant at a leading Pharmaceutical site in Barnard Castle. This is an exciting permanent contract with an attractive remuneration package for the successful candidate. The Laboratory Assistant is a full time, site-based role, supporting the Cephalosporins Laboratory.
Cephalosporins is a second-generation antibiotic which continues successfully to conquer life threatening bacterial infections in patients. The lab is looking to create an integrated role working closely with the existing team, with variation daily from preparing reagents to completing routine performance qualification testing on various instruments.
This is a high allergen area and those with known allergies to beta-lactum antibiotics such as penicillin or cephalosporins should not apply.
If you would like more information to understand what it is like to work for Sodexo and a career in Corporate Services, please follow the link below;
- Booking raw material, intermediate and finished product samples into the laboratory, recording them in laboratory IT systems, generating documents required for testing and storing samples for analysts to test according to the agreed schedule.
- Disposing of excess sample solutions, standards and reagents safely according to site waste management procedures.
- Preparing reagents required for analytical testing according to approved laboratory methods and SOPs in alignment with the testing schedule.
- Ordering laboratory reagents and consumables from approved suppliers using corporate procurement systems following local procurement governance processes.
- Performing routine performance checks on laboratory instruments such as balances, spectrophotometers, fridges etc. following relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) according to the approved schedule.
- Maintaining adequate supply of laboratory solvents and capacity of waste solvent containers by liaising with reagent suppliers, waste management contractors and engineers.
- Managing the storage, retrieval, disposal and documentation of retention samples and ensures compliance of the retention sample stores with required standards.
- Archiving laboratory data according to required retention periods and manages the disposal of data following the required storage period.
- Educated to HNC level in Chemistry or Science related discipline
- Experience working in a GxP environment essential
- Can perform under pressure and independent of supervision
- Capacity to persuade and communicate well
- Inspire and encourage others to perform well.
- Open-minded towards other cultures/people
- Flexible and highly driven
- Team Player
- Experience in the use of SAP/MERPs
- Good communication and customer focussed skills
- Good knowledge of excel and IT literate
- As part of selection process you will be required to complete a health questionnaire
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Healthcare Assistant - Primary Care
£22,266.25 per annum + £287.75 London weighting (recurring monthly)
Tester/ Life Cycler
£8.21 per hour
Scientific Project Leader
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Lead Analytical Scientist
£35000 per annum
£38000 - £43000