- Job Reference: 00033225-1
- Date Posted: 29 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Southampton, Hampshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Primerdesign, part of the Novacyt Group, is a leading provider of RT PCR solutions. We were recently awarded a Breakthrough of the Year award at the European Mediscience Awards 2020.
We have thousands of happy customers based across the globe and have a real ambition to drive our business forward and achieve even more.
We are now looking for a Laboratory Analyst to join our Technical Manufacturing Team in Southampton. Internally, this role is known as Technical Specialist.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Group pension scheme
Operating at the cutting-edge of the medical device sector, Primerdesign is an innovator in every sense of the word. From the products that we make to the people we employ, innovation runs through the heart of our business.
Currently, we are supporting the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic with high-performing detection kits. These kits can provide accurate test results within just one hour, which will have a real impact on how COVID-19 is tracked and managed.
You will have the chance to help us create more exceptional products by supporting us to grow our capabilities, pivot into high throughput diagnostic manufacturing and shape our capacity.
As a Laboratory Analyst, you will ensure that our diagnostic products are manufactured to a high standard.
In this key role, you’ll carry out root cause analysis, problem solving and fault finding, both within products and the manufacturing process.
Additionally, you will:
- Conduct product failure and QC investigations
- Identify ways to enhance existing manufacturing processes
- Establish and advise on product performance measurements
- Provide expert technical support to other teams
- Work with R&D to build an understanding of new products and their components
- Complete all documentation in line with the ISO 13485 QMS
To be considered as a Laboratory Analyst, you’ll need:
- At least two years’ experience in a laboratory production environment
- Good scientific knowledge of PCR and the ability to apply your knowledge to resolve manufacturing issues
- Knowledge of quality procedures and Quality Management Systems
- Strong experimental planning and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to adapt to changing requirements
- An MSc (or equivalent) in a related scientific field
Knowledge of quality control procedures and approaches would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Laboratory Production Technician, Manufacturing Technician, Quality Control Technician, Lab Analyst, or Scientist.
Webrecruit, Primerdesign and the Novacyt Group are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Laboratory Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week