- Job Reference: 00033655-1
- Date Posted: 13 January 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex
- Salary: £12.00 to £15.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Highbury Recruitment are working alongside a Client who are delivering rapid Covid-19 testing at several London and Manchester airports.
The project delivers testing for individuals in several settings, including passengers at major airports. Growing rapidly, we are hiring a team of Lab Technicians who are mobile, outgoing, and keen to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of Covid-19 testing.
You will be part of a specialist team of technicians who will be trained to deliver this exciting new technology to clients across the aviation industry. Due to rapid growth, we are currently hiring in London and Manchester.
Your main role will be to help run the analysis of swab and saliva samples collected from client groups in real time. This will require excellent time-keeping and attention to detail as, in several situations, meeting a short deadline will be necessary for effective results Udelivery and client satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities:
* To work in an on-site team delivering sample collection and processing in real time.
* To carry out rapid point-of-care testing on these samples to an agreed workflow and turnaround time.
* To communicate effectively with all team members to ensure results are delivered sensitively and in an appropriate time frame.
* To be mindful of the sensitive nature of the data produced and handled in this project.
* To manage the stocks of consumables and inventory at each site on a daily basis, to ensure continuous service is possible.
* A science degree (BSc, MSc, or equivalent) OR relevant technical or scientific role in Higher Education or Industry laboratories
* Basic lab experience (liquid handling, pipetting, a strong sense of number)
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Highly conscientious with excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to work well as part of a team and work together to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and be solely responsible for meeting deadlines.
* Ability to follow a scientific protocol and make appropriate recommendations based on experience.
* Ability to work flexible hours and/or shifts, when the client requires it.
* Lab management experience
* Experience of working in (CL2 and/or CL3) life sciences laboratory.
* Experience in molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, qPCR, RNA extraction or​ other extraction methods)
* Lab management experience
* A driving licence
* The ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems
* Good hand-eye coordination, to use technical equipment with accuracy
* The ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment
* Time management skills
* Teamwork skills and patience
* Attention to detail