Temporary and permanent contracts
from £8.21 per hour
Blue Arrow Recruitment is currently recruiting Kitchen Porters in and around the Bournemouth area.
We are working with very well-known clients across all sectors in Bournemouth, supporting kitchens in Hotels, Pubs, Restaurants, Care homes, B&I sites, MOD sites, Leisure facilities etc.
* Holiday money
* Weekly wages
* Flexible hours
* Job offers according to your skills and requirements.
Main job duties (may vary depending on site):
* Wash up dishes, and cleaning kitchen appliances, work surfaces and walls
* Prepare work surfaces to ensure hygiene standards are adhered to
* Ensure pots, pans plates and cutlery back into use quickly during service
* Receive and unloading deliveries; when unloading items provide organisation in the kitchen and storeroom.
* Remove waste and recycling throughout the day and at the end of a shift
* Sweep and mop the floor
* Keep track of chemicals and cleaning items needed for your section, and notifying the Head Chef when stock is running low.
* Basic food preparation and assisting the chefs where appropriate, such as washing and peeling vegetables, moving deliveries to storage areas, cleaning of kitchen equipment and areas
* Good working knowledge of kitchen practices
* Experience of washing dishes and cleaning in a commercial kitchen
* Ability to work well with your hands and physical skills like movement, coordination and dexterity
* Physically fit enough to work on your feet for most of the shift
* Organisational skills and the ability to work methodically, and prioritise items that are needed in the kitchen for service
* Understanding of basic food hygiene practices
* Understanding of the importance of stock rotation when storing deliveries, especially perishable items
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
If this sounds like a role that suits you, PLEASE APPLY NOW