|Job Title:||Project Engineer|
|Salary:||£40205 - £45000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-07-26 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2019 15:13|
We are seeking a commercial and driven candidate to manage the end to end delivery cycle of engineering projects from the initial scoping of the need, through to commission/setting to work and handing back the completed project to the client.
This role will report to an area project manager and will involve:
- Managing and delivering a portfolio of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation projects with a value of up to £5 million per annum.
- Working with Thames Water and contractors to scope, define and cost a solution that is both cost effective and with minimal risk to the business.
- Promote our zero compromise attitudes to health and safety, striving for continuous improvement at all times.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements, ensuring that all projects designed comply with Construction Design and Management Regulations (CDM).
- Work collaboratively with delivery partners/contractors to ensure that schemes deliver on time.
- Drafting, vetting and approving pre-construction information, project plans, construction phase H&S plans (CPP) and commissioning plans.
- Overseeing the commissioning and hand over of the project to the operational client.
- Ensuring appropriate training has been completed and that completion documents are available and handed over including test certificate and constructed drawings.
Experience in the delivery, design and estimating of engineering projects is critical, as is an awareness of Health and Safety issues with particular reference to construction works including CDM.
You will have gained experience within a commercial and technical role and will have a minimum of a BTEC/HND in mechanical or electrical engineering. Additionally you will have the ability to work with minimum supervision, under your own initiative to deliver specified outputs.
We are seeking an experienced project engineer, having managed a high value projects from start to finish. You will be confident procuring qualified contractors and must be articulate, numerical and commercially minded. If you have experience in the waste or water industry, this would be highly advantageous.
What’s in it for you:
A perfect job for someone who is an experienced engineer looking for more of a work-life balance. You will join a highly collaborative and supportive team whilst ensuring the management and delivery of these projects are executed safely, efficiently and cost effectively, whilst maintaining the process integrity of the sewage treatment works or pumping station.
The exceptionally broad skill set encompassing (engineering, commercial, delivery, Health & Safety) is required for this opportunity whereby you will be given the autonomy to deliver at every stage of your assigned projects.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company. We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's