Position: Jnr Sous Chef
Establishment: Established Village Pub
Location: Nr Andover, Hampshire - SP11
Salary: Up to £28,000 P/A + Service Charge in the region of £4,000
Type: Permanent, 40 hours per week (5/7 days, weekends included)
- Are you looking for your next step in your kitchen Career?
- Be taught techniques by the award winning Chef Parton?
- Want to work with fresh food?
- Want to work with a friendly team?
- Have opportunities to progress…. I could go on! Then this role may be for you…
Nestled amidst narrow lanes and lush farmland you will find the local village pub. Its open-fired bar, the airy conservatory and outside terrace, makes this a must dine destiantaion for locals. Dishes are packed with colour and contrasting textures and tastes.
It serves 100% fresh homemade food to an exceptional standard, using the best local produce available. My client is looking for a Jnr Sous Chef who is passionate about food that can deliver Michelin Guide & 2-3 rosette standard food in this lively pub environment.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about nose to tail cooking.
- Some Knowledge of classic cooking techniques.
- Willingness to learn all sections of the Kitchen
- Able to support the Head Chef & Sous chef.
- Trained in the use of Microsoft office.
- Creative and adaptable.
- As a Jnr sous Chef your primary role will be to assist the Chef Patron & Sous chef in the day-to-day running of the kitchen
- Oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals for the restaurant.
- You will maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- You will lead by example and build effective and constructive relationships.
- You will communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Working collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
- Ensure all chefs are familiar with both the days and ongoing requirements.
- Ensure the necessary products are in stock at the required quality and quantity for the day's preparation requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers as soon as possible regarding any discrepancies in deliveries.
- Ensure each dish leaving the kitchen is the required quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- Ensure daily and weekly cleaning tasks are carried out in accordance with the HACCP plan.
- Manage and train any junior kitchen staff as required to ensure they can perform their duties correctly.
- Assist the Head Chef developing new dishes and menus.
- Monitor portion and waste control and maintain profit margins.
- Order ingredients as required and maintaining appropriate stock levels of these products.
What's in it for you….?
- Competitive salary of up to £28,000 + Bonus
- Opportunity to join a real foodie pub with a focus on quality
- Training & Development
- 32 days holiday including Christmas & Boxing Day OFF
This type of opportunity doesn't come around very often, so If you are interested in this role then APPLY NOW or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650 or email me at for more details or to discuss other roles
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.