Position: Junior Sous Chef
Venue: Prestigious Luxury Hotel - 3AA Rosette - 14 cover Restaurant
Location: Cheltenham + Live In available
Salary: £25,000 to £27,000 + Service Charge
Type: Permanent, 5 out of 7 days
- Are you looking for your next step in your kitchen Career?
- Want to work with fresh food? ✔️
- Want to work with a friendly team? ✔️
- Have opportunities to progress? ✔️
- I could go on! …..Then this role may be for you…
You will be part of a large team providing fantastic fresh, fine dining food for the staying guests at this luxury hotel. The restaurant has a number of awards for its food & service including 3 AA Rosette, & Good Food Guide listed. With just 14 covers, this is one of the most sought after dining bookings in Gloucestershire area.
In addition to a busy restaurant, you will also cater for a hospitality service including working lunches for meetings, afternoon tea and a variety of private functions.
If this sounds like you then perhaps you will be interested in working with at this Prestigious hotel.
- Passionate about nose to tail cooking.
- Some Knowledge of classic cooking techniques.
- Willingness to learn all sections of the Kitchen
- Able to support the Head Chef & Sous chef.
- Trained in the use of Microsoft office.
- Creative and adaptable.
- As a Jnr sous Chef your primary role will be to assist the Head chef & Sous chef in the day-to-day running of the kitchen
- Oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals for the restaurant.
- You will maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- You will lead by example and build effective and constructive relationships.
- You will communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Working collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
- Ensure all chefs are familiar with both the days and ongoing requirements.
- Ensure the necessary products are in stock at the required quality and quantity for the day's preparation requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers as soon as possible regarding any discrepancies in deliveries.
- Ensure each dish leaving the kitchen is the required quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- Ensure daily and weekly cleaning tasks are carried out in accordance with the HACCP plan.
- Manage and train any junior kitchen staff as required to ensure they can perform their duties correctly.
- Assist the Head Chef developing new dishes and menus.
- Monitor portion and waste control and maintain profit margins.
- Order ingredients as required and maintaining appropriate stock levels of these products.
- Competitive Salary - Up to £27,000 + service charge
- Live In available
- 38 days holiday
- Excellent company pension scheme and life assurance
- Paid Overtime
- Cycle to work scheme
- Reduced Bus Pass rate
- Staff loyalty discount card
- Complimentary meals on duty
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.
To find out more about this fantastic company and all the other roles we have in your area get in touch today. What you waiting for?