|Salary||£13850 - £18470 per annum||Sector||Catering & Hospitality, Social Care|
Blue Arrow swansea are recrtuiting for 2 position for a residential care home who requrie 2 cooks
1 x position is Full time 40 hours per week 08.00am-18.00pm over 4 days
1 x position is Part Time 30 hours per week 08.00am - 18.00pm over 3 days
The roster to be scheduled fairly to give every other weekend off duty.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
To provide a full range of nutritious meals for residents and customers thereby contributing to an effective and efficient Catering Service.
- To compile and follow set menus, supervise portion control and undertake a variety of cooking activities connected with the full range of meals, including the provision of special dietary meals (if required) thereby providing a quality resident orientated service.
Co-ordinate the operations connected with the preparation, cooking and serving of food, while complying with individual dietary needs, Nutrition Strategy and Food Safety Standards.
- Demonstrate excellent standards, cost effective nutritious dishes, while operationally organising work rotas, and undertake training as required to facilitate the smooth running of the kitchen.
- Take responsibility by supervising all operational activities to include cleaning of equipment, reporting of faulty equipment and all paperwork to include HACCP, Health & safety, stock control, time-sheets and financial recording to comply with legislation and EHO inspection or audit.
- Oversee general kitchen and dining room duties e.g. washing up, setting up and clearing away of equipment and tables and cleaning of kitchen to maintain high st anda rds and promote the smooth running of the kitchen.
- Take responsibility for the overall security of the kitchen.
- Follow guidelines to ensure compliance with Health and Safety Legislation, Local Authority Policies and procedures, Manual Handling and Risk Assessment.
- Work as part of a team to deliver a high, quality service. Undertake any other duties equivalent to the responsibility; to ensure there is always adequate cover for the kitchen when colleagues take annual leave and a contingency plan for sickness and short notice emergencies.
- To have the ability to Motivate Ot hers, have Flexibility and good organisational Skills, and be committed to Glanmarlais.
- To ensure that the kitchen maintains a high level of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
- To plan and keep waste to a very minimum.
- To ensure that faults or breakdown of kitchen appliances are reported promptly to enable relevant repairs or replacements are completed efficiently to avoid any disruption to the provision of meals for the residents.
Must live Local or drive
If this sounds like the perfect popportunity then please apply now.