Junior Research Technician (in vivo)
- Job Reference: 00004499-1
- Date Posted: 14 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
- Salary: £18,000 to £20,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
A well-established drug discovery company are looking to recruit a Junior Research Technician to join their Operations team on a permanent basis. The client in question develops preclinical efficacy models and provides both in vitro and in vivo testing services for biopharmaceutical companies.
Working in the in vivo lab, the Junior Research Technician will be responsible for performing experimental procedures for various in vivo projects. They will also perform duties in order to support the functioning of the in vivo lab, such as animal welfare checks and maintaining / managing supplies of materials.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of NVQ, GCSE or A-Level education
* BTEC National Diploma in Animal Care would be advantageous
* An interest in working in an animal unit conducting activities from husbandry to experimental procedures
* Holding of a personal licence, preferably modules 1-3 (PIL AB or PIL C)
If you fit the above requirements and would like to know more about this vacancy and the client, contact Charlotte McLaughlin on (phone number removed).
During the current Covid-19 ourbreak, many sites are understandably limiting visitors, including for interviews. The next steps in this process will be a Skype interview, with an on-site visit to follow when restrictions are lifted