Junior Project Manager
- Job Reference: 00084744-1
- Date Posted: 2 August 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: £37,908
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Junior Project Manager
Location: Hybrid working from either Bristol or Leicester
Compensation: £ 37,908.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43485
Babcock Digital Solutions provides a comprehensive suite of Information Knowledge Management based applications, processes, services and tools delivered via a variety of secure mediums that enable users and stakeholders across the Maritime domain to access, interpret and manage critical configuration, engineering change and engineering management data in order to improve efficiency, transparency, traceability and cost-effective decision making.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Junior Project Manager to assist in the delivery, management, and support of a variety of projects to the agreed budget, timescales, and quality standard. The role requires an enthusiastic individual willing to contribute, learn and support the day-to-day delivery of projects.
What will you be doing?
Providing support to the Project Managers and the wider Digital Solutions team in all aspects of project management, running with projects of limited complexity and assisting in the project elements of service management.
Liaise and work with internal and external stakeholders, users and customers in order to provide project management-based support.
The experience you'll bring
* A working knowledge of project management and have experience of working in a project role previously.
* A knowledge and understanding of Project management methods and leadership skills.
* An understanding and knowledge / experience of procurement, scheduling, budget and cost control, risk management, stakeholder management, communications and change control
* Educated to degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience.
* Experience of managing and supporting projects using techniques including APM, Prince 2 and ITIL.
* Prince 2 or APM PMQ qualified.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants