|Salary||£20000.00 - £22000.00 per annum||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Junior Events Manager - Outskirts of Southampton - £20,000 - £21,000
An independently owned outside events company on the outskirts of Southampton is currently recruiting for a Junior Events Manager to assist in the smooth running of weddings and other events which take place across Hampshire and the surrounding areas. The role will involve hands on, operational management of the wedding or event along with some office/sales work to get the event organised. The successful candidate will be shadowing the senior events team and will learn how to run an event, with the view to running your own events in the future.
You will work 5/7 days depending on the demands of the business. Weekend and evening work is an essential part of the job. A clean driving licence is essential for the role.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Hands on management of weddings and other events from start to finish
- Setting up the event at the site and closing down at the end of the day
- Greet the organiser and be the main contact on the day
- Assist in running food service
- Sales to take the bookings
- Take all details of the events, deal with admin and take payments
- Train and motivate the team
- Handle customer queries and complaints
- Some Experience in catering at events and/or co-ordinating
- Suitable for an Events University graduate
- A full, manual driving licence to drive the vans to events
- A real passion for the wedding and events industry
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Enthusiastic attitude and a can-do approach
- Exceptional people skills
- A salary of £20,000/ £21,000
- Excellent opportunity to get into the events industry
- Training provided to assist in your career development
- Opportunities for progression
Act Now: Press the Apply Button!!
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.