|Location||Plymouth, Devon||Job Type||Temporary|
|Salary||Negotiable||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
Junior Developer required on a temporary to permanent position based on the outskirts of the city for a large expanding client. The position of Junior developer would suit a graduate or an experienced Junior developer.
As a Junior Developer you will work as part of the IT Development team creating and / or supporting a variety of solutions to deliver maximum business benefit and return on investment. You will construct and support in-house developed systems and platforms fit for purpose in a professional, timely and courteous manner.
A Junior Developer will assist in delivering project components or change requests to agreed timescales, quality and scope. Along with also assisting in the preparation and execution of user and system test plans.
· Supporting existing and future in house developments to ensure minimal disruption to availability and quality of service.
· Gathering and documenting user requirements accurately.
· Estimating effort and timescales for support fixes and project deliverables.
· Responding to and delivering end user requests and issues.
· Working as part of a team in order to deliver complex development projects.
· Passionate about playing their part in development and support resulting in outputs fit for the end user, customers and the brand.
Skills and attributes:
· Fast learner with a keen eye for detail.
· Passionate about the user experience and, accurate and timely delivery of data and services.
· Strong customer service approach to support and requirements gathering.
· Understanding and working knowledge of web based processes and their application (preferably within a retail environment but not essential).
· Ability to adapt to the needs of the business and learn new technologies quickly.
· Ability to troubleshoot logically in multiple programming languages and platforms.
· Able to communicate and present to all levels of the business.
· Ability to gather interpret project requirements.
· Experience of documenting developments for post implementation support and training.
The ideal candidate for this role will hold a number of the following skills:
· ASP.NET framework with C#.
· SQL database administrative skills.
· PL/SQL · MySQL
· Development of Windows based tablets / mobiles (WPF).
· BizTalk 2010.
· Microsoft reporting services 2010 or higher.
· FTP / SFTP / API.
· EDI Standards.
· Principles of RDBMS and normalisation.
If you are the right candidate for this position please click apply now or call Xavier Ayling-Brasnell in the Acorn Plymouth office