Junior Commercial Analyst
- Job Reference: 00032406-1
- Date Posted: 23 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Croydon, London
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
LOCATION: East Croydon, Surrey
CONTRACT: Full Time, Permanent
HOURS: 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Green Network Energy LTD is a green energy supplier helping homes and businesses make the difference. Since 2003, we have had a Green mission to protect our environment. With a clear motto: ‘Live, Love, Be Green’, our aim is to help both our planet and our customers become more sustainable.
So, we are creating a green community, inside and out. At the heart of our company are fantastic people - who share our values, are inspired by our mission, and who work together to drive real change.
Green Network Energy LTD promotes a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment and we have got big ambitions to grow. We are on the lookout for exceptional talent who like to take on challenges, who are capable of inspiring and being inspired and who share our green mission.
Think you could be the talent we are looking for? Apply today and join us on our journey!
We are currently working remotely to protect our teams during the coronavirus lockdown. But we are still hiring, so if you are happy to take part in a remote interview, we would love to hear from you!
We currently seek a Junior Commercial Analyst with superb analytical ability to enhance the business insight capability and support delivery of the ambitious business growth targets.
This is a new role to expand the team’s capacity and the successful candidate will analyse a wide range of aspects of the business and energy industry, presenting their work to the Chief Operating Officer to drive material benefit to the business.
The role ideally suits a naturally inquisitive, pro-active thinker with high potential to thrive as part of a flexible analytics team.
This is an entry level position with the opportunity to learn from a team with extensive experience in analytics, strategy and the energy industry.
• Our team has a diverse portfolio of analytics and processes, as well as providing bespoke analytics and support across the company. The successful candidate responsibilities will vary depending on team priorities, but over the last 12 months our current Junior Commercial Analysts have:
• Developed pricing optimisation tools
• Developed pricing optimisation tools
• Used neural networks in Python to enhance renewal rates
• Built financial models of the business and supported commercial strategy decisions
• Developed reporting dashboards that go to the Exec team
• Analysed our £100m commodity trading positions to optimise costs
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Highly numerate problem solver (likely degree/master’s in maths, physics, engineering, or similar)
• Experience of handling large data sets and deriving meaningful insight from them (commercial or non-commercial setting)
• Knowledge of programming, scripting and/or data visualization packages would be a bonus (e.g., Python, VBA, SQL)
• Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail
• Can-do, team-player attitude
• Skilled communicator, able to make complexity understandable
• Energy industry experience desirable not essential
WHAT WE OFFER/BENEFITS*
• Be part of a growing company and help us shape the future of energy
• Collaborative, friendly and multi-cultural environment
• Modern offices with game and socialising area for employees
• 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays)
• Preferred Employee Tariff Scheme (if you become a Green Network Energy customer)
• And many more....
GNE is a diverse and inclusive employer. We celebrate diversity. We are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, backgrounds, and cultures. No applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, nationality or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, age, religion or belief. Offers will be subject to a basic Disclosure and Barring Service check, Academic Title and or Professional Qualification check and at least two independent references