|Location||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Negotiable||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
Our clients products rely on embedded software implemented using C/C++, running on an Analog Devices Blackfin DSPs. Additionally, our clients products are sold as a development/demonstration kits, which include a PC application to control and report status of the product in real-time.
The role involves software design, development and validation of the DSP code on embedded systems, and also the design and development of PC-based applications that will assist in the development and manufacturing stages, and act as the front-end to the demonstrator systems.
You will be expected to be involved from conception to completion of new product development, and give support to the different teams within the company to help deliver successful products. Your role will also include the support of current products, which will involve interfacing with customers, fault-finding, and preparing fixes, and writing supporting test plans and documentation.
Being a junior software engineer, you will have guidance from a more senior engineer, but will be able to make an impact early on.
Your role will include:
1. Interfacing with customers
2. Helping define the product architectures, and software/hardware interfaces
3. Helping to select the appropriate hardware
4. Designing and implementing the software architecture
5. Fault-finding existing products
6. Software testing and verification, and working with the test departments
Your skill-set will include:
1. Design procedures for high-reliability and secure systems
2. Good knowledge of C/C++
3. Knowledge of designing real-time systems
4. Knowledge of designing and implementing software in resource-constrained environments
The design team is currently small so they are looking for candidates who have had some grounding in formal (military/aerospace) software environments but are also adaptable and able to take the initiative to deliver solutions, and can work effectively with other non-software disciplines.
Please note due to the nature of the clients business you WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO OBTAIN SECURITY CLEARANCE. This means that all candidates will need to have been a resident within the UK for a minimum of 5 years to be considered for this role.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.