2nd Line IT Support Technician
|Job Title:||2nd Line IT Support Technician|
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Oliver|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2019 18:37|
Leading and award winning company have a permanent opportunity for an IT Support Technician in their central Bristol office. The role is a great move if you are looking to work for a very stable, secure yet growing company.
The core hours are Mondays to Fridays 09.00 to 17.00. A degree of flexibility will be required to suit the needs of the job.
Salary is £25,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Providing IT helpdesk support, logging, prioritising and resolving helpdesk support calls via helpdesk system, phone and email. Escalating support calls internally or to a 3rd party and managing these calls until resolved
- Installing and configuring Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Assisting users with Windows 7 & 10 and Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013 functionality
- Resolving Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013 and Thin Client software faults
- Asset management and hardware disposal
- Telecoms and Networking support: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, WAN, structured cabling, switch, router and Wi-Fi
- Repairing and upgrading Workstations, Laptops and Printers
- Active Directory and NTFS Support
- Anti-Virus and Malware Management, deployment, maintenance, disinfection and removal
- Microsoft Remote Desktop support tools
- Managing remote workers: Laptop and Mobile Phone support including VPN support
- Bespoke Software Application Support (Full training given)
In order to be successful for this role it is ESSENTIAL that you have the following:
- Previous experience in a 2nd line support role
In-depth knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013
- Windows 7 and 10
- Windows Server 2012
- Exchange Server 2010
- Active Directory
- It would be useful to have knowledge of Sage Line 500, GFI Software, Mobile Device Management, VMWare and Veeam but this is not essential.
- Experience and knowledge of ISO27001 would be advantageous.
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Outgoing and approachable personality to communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Flexible in your approach you will have a positive attitude to performing individual tasks and work from your own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively both face to face and over the telephone.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to develop new skills and build on continuous professional development.
- Ability to adopt an understanding of and support new and emerging technologies which may arise over time.
A driving licence is required.
- Holiday entitlement is 23 days plus bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Company pension scheme
If you would like to apply for this role then please click on 'apply' or alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to be in touch as soon as possible. If you are not successful on this occasion we will keep your CV on file and be in touch when other suitable positions become available.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £9.25 per hour
IT Support Desk
£10 - £11 per annum
ICT Support Technician - Advertised on behalf of BeNCH CRC
Band 3 salary commencing at £23,039 per annum
£35000 - £40000 per annum
£25000 per annum