IT Operations Analyst
- Job Reference: 00018245-1
- Date Posted: 3 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £31,170 to £36,079
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
BPDTS. Digital People.
We are looking for an IT Operations Analyst who can work within the User Experience Command Centre function (UXCC) and be part of a new team that is to provide continuity to the UXCC services and stakeholders through the working week.
Here at BPDTS Ltd we're working with DWP Digital to reshape the digital landscape of UK government. We need your talent and energy to power that change.
Our people are our biggest asset. We harness and develop their expertise so we can design, build and run secure and intuitive digital services used by 20 million UK citizens, often during critical times in their lives.
We work across one of the largest and most complex IT estates in Europe where we take on unique challenges using cutting-edge design, data and technologies and experiment, iterate and innovate as part of multi-disciplinary agile teams.
You and your role
* A major part of this role is service acceptance so experience of taking accountability of assessing and on-boarding new or changed monitoring requirements would be beneficial.
* As an Operation Analyst, you will work alongside our traditional shift teams to bring in new and changed services as well as looking to improve services and exploit our investment in tools.
* You will Identify and support performance improvement opportunities and ensure compliance with quality management, risk management, security policies and procedures.
* You will support the appropriate Service Management processes (e.g. Event, Incident and Problem Management) and procedures across support teams including 3rd party suppliers.
* If your core expertise lies in proactive service management improvements in the Tooling/Monitoring and Incident space this role could be perfect for you.
What skills and experience we are looking for?
* The ideal candidate will have the ability to troubleshoot and identify Service Improvement possibilities across different technologies and infrastructure.
* Ability to utilise service reports to monitor and measure service performance of operational services. Identify Continual Service Improvement opportunities to improve user experience.
* Knowledge of Tooling and Monitoring solutions.
* Previous knowledge and background working in live operations areas including Incident management.
* Broad knowledge of technologies and solutions with demonstrable experience and technical capability across infrastructure and application support.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital's community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hubs in Manchester or Newcastle.
Find out more about working in our hubs here: https://(url removed)/our-locations/
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
* We'll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £36,079.
* You will be eligible for an Aviva Master Trust pension with employer contributions of up to 10%.
* We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus and in-year reward recognition.
* We'll help you balance your life and work with flexible working and family friendly policies.
* We'll give you a generous leave allowance starting and 25 days and rising to 30, with the option to buy and sell extra days each year.
* We'll help you work as you learn with access to coaching, training, structured development and career progression opportunities, as part of a dedicated community of practice.
* We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package - including a cycle to work scheme, employee discounts, income protection, life assurance and lots more - which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page