IT Engineer (Consultant)
|Job Title:||IT Engineer (Consultant)|
|Salary:||£35000 - £42000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-02-20 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kerry Hillyard|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2019 16:43|
This company has recently experienced huge growth, offers a positive and encouraging working environment and promotes personal development and career advancement.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to progress into a consultancy role and be part of forming a new team to develop new and exciting projects.
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays rising to a maximum of 36 days including Bank Holidays
- FREE parking
- Free food and drinks throughout the working day
- Break out area including: Pool Table, Football Table, TV
- Company clothing
- Use of pool car during office hours
This job will suit an IT Engineer (Consultant) that would be happy in the short to medium term being involved in a mixture of consultancy / project work and day-to-day support work (80/20 split) both in the office and onsite with clients whilst the business grows and the role develops.
Short to Medium Term:
You will take full ownership of an issue from receiving and logging the call, through to its resolution. Working in a face paced environment and providing excellent customer service you will be confident dealing with clients at all levels as well as liaising with 3rd Party suppliers.
Medium to Long Term:
You will focus on delivering larger projects around AWS / Azure infrastructure as well as on-premise infrastructure. The team that is in its infancy will be dedicated to consulting, designing, implementing, delivering, supporting and the maintain the operation of complex infrastructure projects for larger clients and will involve little or no end-user interaction.
You will then be required to write lengthy, high quality, technical documents, be involved in presentations to company boards, explain complex topics to non-technical people concisely and have a good understanding of commercial operations.
As an IT Engineer (Consultant) your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical support to clients, remotely, telephonically and on site when required
- Handle enquiries from 1st to 3rd line support and an assortment of tasks ranging from PC deployments to server and infrastructure projects
- Provide resolutions to technical issues efficiently whilst delivering first class customer service
- Devise quotes for hardware and labour costs
- Extract technical impediments in an efficient manner for clients and internally
- Manage your day by recording chargeable and non-chargeable activities
- Adhere to SLA's and maintain accurate client documentation
To become an IT Engineer you must possess the following skills and experience:
- AWS and Azure experience
- MS O365 deployment, troubleshooting and support
- Strong written skills in technical and commercial document writing
- Able to listen, analyse and interpret client requirements
- VMWare and Hyper-V deployment, troubleshooting and support
- Microsoft server and desktop operating systems from 2003 - 2016 / XP - 10
- MS Exchange 2003 - 2016 administration, troubleshooting , deployment
- Advanced network diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution capabilities
- Cisco, Netgear, Draytek, Dell, Watchguard, Fortinet and other proprietary networking equipment
- WAN, LAN, WLAN, NAT, Firewalls
- RSA Authentication Server or similar MFA systems.
- Acronis and Arcserve Backup products
- MS SQL Server administration (not database manipulation, but server install, basic database tasks like backup, restore, permissions etc).
- Professional, polite and friendly telephone manner
- Full UK driving licence (willing to stay away overnight and use own vehicle, mileage paid)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's