IT Business Solutions Developer
- Job Reference: 00006827-1
- Date Posted: 15 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Dover, Kent
- Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
IT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS DEVELOPER
Salary: £35k -£45k DOE
Our client (a key contributor to the UK’s continued fight against Covid-19) is currently seeking an IT Business Solutions Developer. As IT Business Solutions Developer, working within the IT department, you will provide technical expertise in the area of application support and development, analysing business requirements and processes in order to identify and implement added value to the IT services supporting the business and its operation. As well as having an operational impact on the business you will be assisting with the current fight against Covid-19 by joining the organization and utilising your strong skill set to make a difference.
• To support and administer the business’ applications and systems, including associated business intelligence reporting (BI) and databases, ensuring they are maintained, developed and retired as required by the business.
• To provide fault troubleshooting and resolution for assigned incidents within a timely manner, ensuring incidents are updated in the current IT service management tool.
• To effectively deliver all aspects of assigned technology projects, where this involves the commissioning of an application or software.
o Where a Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) solution is identified, you will liaise with the supplier and identify how the solution will be implemented. This may involve ensuring that interfaces to existing systems are understood and will work effectively after implementation.
o Where development is identified, either in-house or by a third party, you will define the output requirement, develop the solution using Agile methodology, or monitor the third-party development, testing the resultant solution prior to implementation.
• To create and maintain IT system documentation and policy documentation. For new systems this will include the production of user manuals and training the user community.
• To create training programmes for assigned areas of technology, and to deliver these to the department.
• To use your technical experience and knowledge to make suggestions for any projects or initiatives that would enhance or ensure the continued delivery of IT services, and to submit the appropriate project proposals.
• Liaising and working with third party support companies to ensure that work is delivered, or faults are rectified in a timely manner.
• To work closely with the wider department on projects/task groups, providing timely assistance and support as required.
• To take responsibility for self-development, identify opportunities for training to keep technical skill set current and to advance knowledge in other areas of technology. To undertake technical and non-technical training as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum GCSE’s (or equivalent level), Grade 4 or above in Maths and English
• Knowledge of Agile development methodology and DevOps practices
• Experience in database administration (Microsoft SQL or Oracle)
• Experience integrating with third party systems via API’s
Interpersonnel are operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. Our all current vacancies are on our website