IT Audit Manager
|Job Title:||IT Audit Manager|
|Salary:||£46400 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019 15:23|
The IT Audit Manager will be responsible for delivering the annual IT audit plan developed through regular risk assessments of the activities and processes within the responsibility of Thames Digital.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
You will develop and carry out regular risk assessments to identify areas of Thames Digital for review.
- Carry out internal audits of procedures, processes and activities as identified in the risk assessment.
- Prepare and report results to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Carry out pre- and post-implementation reviews of system implementation or enhancements.
- Perform IT Security audits (e.g. network, operating systems and data centres), including evaluating if security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated.
- Coordinate the scope and performance of the reviews with the business and external security experts.
- Evaluate general computing controls and provide value added feedback.
- Test compliance with those controls.
- Perform various other reviews of IT management policies and procedures, such as Joiners/Movers/Leavers, change management, business continuity / disaster recovery and information security, to ensure controls surrounding these processes are adequate.
- Carry out audits on the processes and activities relating to Thames Digital, as well as those of our partner and Alliance organisations.
- Liaise and coordinate with the assurance and compliance activities within Programme Delivery and CTO to ensure the audit plan is aligned across all second line of defence capabilities within Thames Digital.
- Support Group Internal Audit function in the delivery of their annual IT audits.
- Be the key point of contact for the external auditors.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expert knowledge of internal auditing, internal controls and risk management.
- Comprehensive understanding of internal controls in an IT function.
- Pro-active, hands-on, results-driven.
- Ability to balance exceptional attention to detail with ability to retain strategic direction.
- Ability to produce high quality work products for the Thames Digital senior leadership team.
- Understanding of Information Security Standards (ISO27001:2013, NISD or equivalent to), best practices for securing computer systems and applicable laws and regulations.
Experience with multiple technology domains, including Windows, Unix, Linux, database administration, software development, and networking.
Understanding of the following IT standards and frameworks:
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's