|Salary||£18 - £20 per hour||Sector||Professional & Admin|
This is a full-time temporary position for an initial 3 months period. There is potential to extend
Salary: £18-£20 per hour
Location : Tower Hill/ Algate East
- To act as the first point of contact for enquiries relating to international matters.
- To manage and support the development of the College ·'s international activity.
- To work closely with the President and other College Officers in respect of their international activities.
- To provide administrative, committee and secretarial support in matters related to College international activities.
- Act as the first point of contact for all international enquiries.
- Work with the President and the Director of Professional Standards to develop and expand the international work of the college.
- Support the President with new educational strategies across Europe.
- Provide administrative support to appropriate committees and undertake appropriate follow up work.
- Administer the College International Divisions, including:
- a. International sessions at College Annual Meetings;
- b. Business meetings;
- c. Mailings;
- d. Election of Officers;
- e. Arrange travel and accommodation for International Division Officers attending the College Annual Meeting
6. Manage the College volunteer programme.
7. Coordinate the establishments of MoUs with international organisations.
8. Manage meetings and conferences with international or organisations as required in consultation with the President and/or relevant Officers.
9. Meet regularly with the President to discuss issues relating to international activities
10. Prepare the annual budget for the international activities of the College and review the monthly accounts for international activities
11. Undertake appropriate follow up work from overseas trips made by the President and other Officers.
12. Maintain the international pages of the College website: relevant committees, volunteers programme, International Divisions, etc.
13. Manage the work of the Members Support Service and International Liaison Administrator
14. Represent the College jointly with the College Officers on the Royal Colleges' Global Health Group and other appropriate bodies.
15. Provide administrative support to the Membership Section:
- Maintain the Membership List
- Attend Section meetings and meetings of the Officers as required
- Provide committee support
- Monitor costs to the College and prepare invoice for services as required
17. Prepare annual report on the College's International Activities for Council
Manage and maintain the College MTI Scheme including:
- Liaison with the GMC and the AoMRC
- Liaison with identified Trust and Deaneries/LETBs
- Act as point of contact for all queries relating to the scheme
- Review applications and monitor application process, arrange interviews and placement details
- Manage financial arrangements and prepare invoices as necessary
- Undertake any other duties related to the job purpose and which may be necessary in the College's work.
- To carry out all duties in a safe and proper manner in accordance with the College's Health and Safety Policy.
- To undertake all duties in line with the College's values, policies, procedures and regulations ensuring that the work undertaken actively promotes equality and diversity.
- This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to change in accordance with the business need of the College.
- Good standard of education
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a wide range of people
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with a helpful telephone manner
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise own workload and to work on own initiative
- Experience of committee work
- Experience of a similar environment