Interim Infection Prevention and Control Nurse
- Job Reference: 00023488-1
- Date Posted: 16 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £300 to £400 Per Day
- Sector: Government & Defence, Healthcare & Medical, HSE, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Panoramic Associates are working with a number of local authourities to support them with the recruitment for Infection Prevention and Control Nurses to support the response to COVID-19.
The post holder will be responsible in providing expert support and advice in infection prevention/control in order to prevent and manage local infectious diseases outbreaks predominantly in health and care settings. Working as a senior member of the Public Health team with responsibility for, auditing, developing, planning and implementing comprehensive infection prevention and control processes across the local area.
* Recognise and isolate outbreaks of infectious diseases in health and care settings and in the community at large.
* Create strategies and action-plans for the prevention of outbreaks.
* Investigate possible outbreaks and marshal resources in response in the event of a confirmed outbreak.
* Serve as an infectious disease advisor for health and care setting providers and members of the local community.
* Provide training to support infection prevention and control (including to care homes)
* Review care home policies and procedures to ensure plans are robust for preventing and managing COVID-19 cases.
* Advise on COVID-19 safe practice including site visits for example to care homes.
To hear more about this role please contact Maisie Hockings