Insurance Sales Consultant - Home Based
Northampton + surrounding areas
A brief update on Covid-19 (coronavirus)
Simply Business is well prepared to deal with unprecedented events. We’re an agile business by nature – and our hiring and interview process is no exception. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some parts of our hiring process may take a little longer than usual. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we're happy to hear from you and receive your application.
If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone.
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability. Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people. We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA. Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. We're proud of our inclusive and supportive culture, and we're passionate about creating an environment where everyone's cultural backgrounds, skills, and perspectives are valued. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
UK-based EU citizens that wish to retain the right to work in the UK without a visa must apply for settled or pre-settled status by 31 December 2020.
Therefore, from 1 January 2021, any EU citizens applying for UK-based Simply Business roles must evidence that they’ve applied for settled or pre-settled status under the UK government’s settlement scheme.
Simply Business will no longer accept an EEA or Swiss passport alone as evidence of a permanent right to work in the UK for new employees from this date.
Any EU citizens that are unable to evidence their settlement application will need to prove their immigration status and permanent right to work under the new immigration system before an offer of employment is made.
We need Insurance Sales Consultants to join our Sales Team.
Being an Insurance Sales Consultant at Simply Business, allows you to work in a role that offers a wide range of variety and exposure to different business areas and products. This involves selling insurance policies to prospective customers who have generated quotes, dealing with our existing customers to allow them to amend their insurance policies and supporting the renewal of customer insurance year on year.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have extensive experience in selling insurance and previous telephone sales experience.
All you need is a quiet, comfortable workplace with a fibre internet connection – we will provide all the necessary equipment!
As an Insurance Sales Consultant you will:
* be making outbound/inbound calls to sell insurance policies to prospective customers who have generated quotes, either from one of our partners, a comparison website, or directly from our website
* dealing with our existing customers to allow them to amend their insurance policies and supporting the renewal of customer insurance year on year.
* be comfortable in addressing any customer concerns
* follow the whole process through to completion, ensuring payment details and direct debits are completed accurately
* adhere to all compliance and quality standards including FCA Regulations and GDPR
We are looking for someone who:
- has extensive experience in selling insurance
- has previous telephone sales experience / contact centre experience
- computer literate with the ability to multi-task and use multiple systems at any one time
- is highly motivated and passionate about sales
-has the ability to demonstrate that you are there to help and support the customer with their queries
- has good active listening skills, with the ability to show acknowledgement to customers
- is able to flex your style to engage with different customers in the right way
-has the ability to recognise and understand different customer needs and treat each customer as an individual
- is able to ensure that each customer receives a solution to their queries in a clear and understandable way
- can communicate information on our different products that shows real value to each customer
- is able to deal with different customer concerns, questions and objections
- will ensure that all interactions result in a positive experience for the customer regardless of the outcome of the call
- is self motivated with the drive to reach realistic & stretching targets
- is a self starter who is driven to succeed
- is accountable for their own personal performance and development
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership, lifestyle pot, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
These are available to all staff from your first day. Here’s the summary:
* a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
* an automatic enrolment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
* generous holiday entitlement
* life assurance – 4 x your basic salary
* a health cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
* an extra day off if you get married or move house
* unlimited access to 24/7 virtual GP
* bupa nurse healthline
* employee assistance programme (EAP)
* eye care vouchers
* local discounts
The fun stuff
We also have a great deal more to pick and mix from, with things like:
* a full gym membership
* lifestyle pot (a pot of cash to be used against anything you want need: well being, personal development, hobbies or childcare costs)
* private medical insurance
* extra days annual leave (up to 5 days)
* shopping vouchers
* dental insurance
* travel insurance
* merlin pass
* taste card
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering. In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We're trusted to get the right stuff done in the way that suits us best
We respect the uniques skills and perspective that everyone has
If we can make it simpler, we do, and if we can’t then we explain it so everyone can understand
We’re always learning, developing and improving, and helping others do the same
We lead with purpose and make things happen