|Job Title:||Installation Engineer|
|Start Date:||2019-06-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Alicia Harris|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2019 09:05|
In order to maintain the high quality of electrical/instrumentation installation that they provide to their customers, they have a requirement to recruit an enthusiastic, dedicated Installation Technician with a keen eye for detail and a focus on quality within their installation team. You must be able to work well under your own initiative and with others in the field to ensure installation deadlines and quality targets are constantly achieved, feeding back information and improvements that may be utilised for future projects. The role will require extensive travel throughout the UK with periods spent away from home, where you will be rewarded financially.
- Responsibility preparing for Installations… ensuring installation stock levels are maintained also identifying any additional equipment required.
- Using your working knowledge of electrical systems, you will be responsible for the installation and cold commissioning of our systems, and supervision of technicians/contract staff on site, co-operating fully with our customers' expectations.
- Working to H&S Policy, BS7671, customer/company technical specifications, project drawings/cable schedules and British/European standards.
- Carry out Onsite Dynamic Risk Assessments.
- Delegate work accordingly ensuring all tasks are carried out correctly and within target
- Responsibility for the smooth running of installations onsite, ordering parts if shortage or modifications to existing project, reporting any problems to Installation Manager.
- Carry out cold commissioning of analysers and additional equipment to factory settings.
- Assist service engineers with hand over from installation to commissioning.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for organisation of van stock, tools and equipment.Participate in ongoing training to allow simple testing and calibration of analysers and sensors onsite and in house.
- Must have minimum 5 years on the job experience of carrying out industrial electrical installations.
- Multi-skilled engineer preferred.
- Ability to work with contract staff and customers face to face on site.
- Must have completed a modern apprenticeship (Usually an ONC in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Installation) or undergone some equivalent method of training and have has some practical training in electrical panel wiring, electrical testing and Installation.
- Must have 17th Edition of the Electrical Wiring Regulations certification.
- Must have obtained an NVQ Level 3 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent; however, the NVQ qualification should include the relevant installation modules.
- Ability to understand and work to schematic wiring diagrams, cable and tubing schedules.
- Ability to work safely unsupervised on site and within an electrical/manufacturing/workshop environment as required.
- Ability to work on pneumatic pipework and minor fabrication/mechanical parts. Training can be provided if required.
- Ability to work safely within current H&S Regulations,
- Ability to work within company/customer health and safety policies and company method statement and risk assessments.
- Ability to work to Engineering Processes and Procedures in line with local Quality Processes (ISO 9001)
- Must be prepared to accept additional responsibilities outside their immediate area of expertise for the benefit of the Engineering dept (i.e. have some H&S role, first aid etc)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Due to the nature of our work, the ability to work at heights and outside is required.
- IPAF (Training can be provided)
- PASMA (Training can be provided)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Salford, Greater Manchester
Up to £18252 per annum + 25 hols+ 8 bank holidays, training
£33000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: 27 days holiday + bank holidays, 7% pension
£35 - £40 per hour
£10.59 - £13.34 per hour + overtimes
York, North Yorkshire
Up to £26364 per annum + 25 hols+ 8 bank holidays, van