Injection Moulding Toolmaker / Technician
- Job Reference: 00033418-1
- Date Posted: 2 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
- Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Title – Injection Moulding Tool Maker / Technician
Reporting : MD /Engineering Lead
Employment Type : Permanent (4 day Week)
Salary : £40-£45k
Planned start date: Jan, 2021 (negotiable)
With about 50 years of industry experience designing, manufacturing and supplying a variety of equipment, we take pride in what we do as well as valuing our employees through continuous development and growth. We are now seeking to engage the services of a self-starter and ambitious Tool Maker. Our tool room is kitted out with modern equipment with ‘old-school’ kit sitting by the side-lines ready to be used where and when required. This is a role within an existing department and it is an opportunity for a candidate with drive and determination to develop and grow within the department. Our manufacturing team is as diverse as the markets we serve globally, therefore we are seeking a candidate with a pleasant personality and possess effective oral and written communication skills while taking into account the company’s rich cultural diversity. Department core-competence – Plastic injection mould tooling; CNC Machining and tool maintenance/refurbishment. All tool making is for internal usage, no external customers to deal with.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the on time & accurate delivery of tools to meet Tooling Programmes
safely and efficiently carry out Manufacture preparation and assembly of new tools.
* Identify and repair/refurbish tools to the highest standard.
* Ability to interpret requirements & communicate with the management team
* Ability to perform tasks within a team, and strict time management
* Develop and maintain outstanding customer satisfaction
* Responsible for the on time & accurate management of tools:
meet or exceed expectations while working closely with other departments to deliver tools on time.
* Liaise/attend meetings with all production meetings as required
* Any other ad-hoc duties as required
* Oversee Injection Mould division and assist / supervise machine set up.
* Recognised toolmaking apprenticeship or higher
* GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths desirable
* At least 7 years’ experience of the design and manufacture of injection mould tooling- including manufacture of new tools, maintenance (TPM) and engineering changes on existing tools
* Ability accurately to read and interpret technical drawings
* Ability to design and draw in CAD (Solid Works is preferred application)
* Daily use of 3 axis CNC Vertical milling Machine (Siemens controller)
* Manual machining
* Plastic Injection moulding machine setting
* Experience of Plastic injection mould tooling manufacturing.
* Ability to work to the highest of tolerances / standards
* Self-time manage which includes completing time sheets accurately on a daily basis.
* On-going Training for this role will be given to the right (and successful) candidate(s). The company will take an active role in your development.
* On Site Parking
* Training support
* Opportunity to join a dynamic and small but growing company with plenty of opportunities to develop and excel in your chosen career path;
* Opportunity to gain experience in a fast growing sector
*28 Days Holiday per year (inc. Bank Holidays)
*Opportunities for growth within the organisation
Please note all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
The company has also taken steps to ensure the work environment is as safe as practically possible during the current COVID-19 pandemic by following and sometimes surpassing current government guidelines